Genesis 38:24 KJV.
“And it came to pass about three months after, that it was told Judah, saying, Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also, behold, she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her be burnt”.
☆☆☆ Reading from verse 1 of this chapter, you will recall that Er, one of the sons of Judah, was the husband of Tamar but he died before he could have any child through Tamar.
☆☆☆ After his death, Judah asked Onan, his second son; to marry Tamar. He too also died.
☆☆☆ So Tamar was asked to go back to her parents till the next son would become of age to marry her.
☆☆☆ But Judah was not ready to release his only surviving son to marry Tamar because he feared he too might also die.
☆☆☆ Tamar was aware that his father in law would not allow her to marry the last son.
☆☆☆ It was a common habit in those days that a surviving son could marry the wife of his late brother to raise children for him 👇
“And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother’s wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother” – Genesis 38:8.
☆☆☆ After a while, Judah himself played the harlot and unconsciously slept with Tamar.
☆☆☆ This was because Tamar disguised herself since she knew her father in law was sleeping around.
☆☆☆ When they met, Tamar recognized Judah as her father in law but Judah didn’t recognise her.
☆☆☆ When they were done, Tamar asked Judah to pay for the “service” she had rendered.
☆☆☆ That amount Judah couldn’t pay immediately but he gave her his signet, bracelets and the staff as security against his pledge. Read Genesis 38:16-18.
☆☆☆ When Judah wanted to redeem his pledge, Tamar was no longer found 👇
“And Judah sent the kid by the hand of his friend the Adullamite, to receive his pledge from the woman’s hand: but he found her not” – Genesis 38:20.
☆☆☆ When Judah later heard that Tamar was pregnant, he didn’t bother to find out how she became pregnant or who was responsible.
☆☆☆ Judah pronounded an instant judgement on Tamar, that she should be burnt to death.
☆☆☆ However, Tamar demanded that Judah should first identify some items: The signet, bracelets and the staff.
☆☆☆ It was then Judah remembered that those were the items he used as a pledge to the woman he slept with, who he never knew was Tamar.
☆☆☆ Judah therefore knew that he should not be sitting on the judgement seat to decide the case of Tamar.
☆☆☆ Beloved, as it was then, so it is today.
☆☆☆ There are cases today where the fellow who should be standing as the accused will sit on the judgement seat deciding the case of the righteous.
☆☆☆ Haven’t you witnessed or heard where a thief will be standing as a witness against the owner of a property he has stolen !!!
☆☆☆ Haven’t you been denied of your rights and privileges and yet be warned never to contest it !!!
☆☆☆ We are living in a world where a thief can defeat the owner of a property even in the law court.
☆☆☆ In some cases, the supposed righteous fellow will be brought before a judge who himself should be the accused.
☆☆☆ It is a known fact today that there are laws for the poor and separate laws for the rich.
☆☆☆ Those who make the laws even break same with inpunity.
1. Lord Jesus, you are my advocate; please Lord, stand for me against those who are trying to deprive me of my entitlements.
2. My father, my father, restore to me all that the wicked has used his position to steal from me.
3. Father, expose and disgrace every hired liar enlisted to testify falsely against me.
4. In the name of Jesus, I unseat every wicked judge sitting over my case.
5. Every “Judah”, trying to decide my case, I silence you now in Jesus name.
6. Everyone responsible for the crisis I am currently passing through, God will judge you in Jesus name.
7. Father, in the order of Proverbs 26:27, let those who are digging my grave replace me in burial.
8. According to Genesis 11:6-7, father; confound the tongues of those who are conspiring against me.
9. I unseat every unrighteous judging sitting in judgement over the affairs of my life.
10. Father, in the name of Jesus, please restore to me that position which the unrighteous judge has denied me.
11. Father Lord, please restore dignity and rightful judgement into the judiciary all over the world.
12. Father, deliver the oppressed from the hands of their tormentors in Jesus name.
13. The wicked cannot go unpunished, father, let the unrighteous judge have a taste of his wickedness in Jesus name.
14. Father, save our land from the perpetrators of evil in Jesus mighty name.
I decree, every wicked man sitting on the seat of judgement to determine your destiny, shall be baptized with shame and disgrace from today in Jesus name.
I prophesy, your battered image shall be redeemed by the righteous judge, God himself, in Jesus name.
Woman, I command that fire burning in your marriage to be extinguished now in Jesus name.
I prophesy, your case shall not be determined at the altar of the devil in Jesus name.
God will expose and disgrace those responsible for your current crisis in Jesus name.
You will not stand accused for a crime you knew nothing about.
Every hired liar, arranged to testify against you, shall be silenced in Jesus name.
Your rights and privileges shall the Lord restore in Jesus name.
Lord Jesus, you are our advocate, please rescue the oppressed from the hands of their tormentors in Jesus name.
Lord, let righteousness sweep through the judiciary all over the world in Jesus mighty name.
God bless you.
Pastor Olutimehin Isaac is a pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church of God.
For prayers and counselling, please call or send me watts app message on 08033916074.
You can also connect me on facebook @ Isaac Olutimehin
My email address : email@example.com
You may also wish to join any of my prayer groups on facebook 👇
1. I DECREE, DECLARE AND PROPHESY.
2. FRIENDS OF PST OLUTIMEHIN ISAAC.
3. RETURN MY GLORY (DA OGO MI PADA).
4. HEAVEN SEEKERS.