Jeremiah 12:5 KJV.
“If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee , then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan”?
☆☆☆ Jeremiah was a prophet of God who suffered so many persecutions in the hands of men.
He was at a time thrown into a well:
"Then took they Jeremiah, and cast him into the dungeon of Malchiah the son of Hammelech, that was in the court of the prison: and they let down Jeremiah with cords. And in the dungeon there was no water, but mire: so Jeremiah sunk in the mire" - Jeremiah 38:6.
☆☆☆ Many attempts were made to terminate his life.
"And the Lord hath given me knowledge of it , and I know it : then thou shewedst me their doings.  "But I was like a lamb or an ox that is brought to the slaughter; and I knew not that they had devised devices against me, saying , Let us destroy the tree with the fruit thereof, and let us cut him off from the land of the living, that his name may be no more remembered" - Jeremiah 11:18-19.
☆☆☆ Jeremiah couldn’t bare this wickedness of man to man anymore and he complained to God.
☆☆☆ God was like, Jeremiah you are complaining of this little challenges.
☆☆☆ You are still running with men on foot and you are wearied?
☆☆☆ How would you now contend with men on horses?
☆☆☆ This is the level many of us are today as children of God.
☆☆☆ With a little headache, somebody will call the pastor to come urgently to pray.
☆☆☆ Many others are so complacent in the time of peace forgetting that a time of war shall come.
☆☆☆ God never promised us a life devoid of battles but what he has promised is never to forsake us in time of crisis.
"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee" - Isaiah 43:2.
☆☆☆ The same way God challenged Jeremiah then, he is also challenging us today.
☆☆☆ My brother and my sister, wake up from your slumber. Storms will arise but through prayers, we shall overcome.
☆☆☆ One major mistake we are making as christians today is not recognizing the fact that the devil is a coward.
☆☆☆ He knows how to throw punches at you but can’t withstand your punches.
"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" - James 4:7.
☆☆☆ The moment you begin to resist the devil and land heavy blows of prayers on him, he will surely flee.
☆☆☆ We must equally remember however that the devil will only flee for a moment.
☆☆☆ The devil is a goat and he will keep coming back.
☆☆☆ So don’t relent in your prayers.
☆☆☆ When the devil came against Jesus and he was defeated, hear what the scripture says:
"And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season" - Luke 4:13.
☆☆☆ Learn to stand on your own to pray, withstand the devil in prayers.
☆☆☆ Stop running after prayer contractors who will end up extinguishing the little fire in you.
☆☆☆ In the time of peace, prepare for war.
- Oh God my father, rekindle the fire of the Holy Ghost in my.
- Father, please don’t allow my fire on the altar of prayer to be extinguished.
- In my comfort zone, don’t allow me to be too comfortable to pray.
- Make me a terror to the powers of darkness.
- Build your walls of fire round about my prayer life.
- I refuse to fall asleep on the altar of prayer.
- I refuse to become a prey on the altar of the wicked. PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS I pray for somebody today, I decree, the Almighty God shall rekindle your prayer life in Jesus name. Your fire that has gone dim shall start burning again in Jesus name. I prophesy, you will not be swallowed up by the crisis and challenges of life in Jesus name. In the storms of life, the Lord that rescued Peter (Matthew 14:30-31) shall come to your aid in Jesus name. Wherever you have been discouraged, the Lord shall encourage you in Jesus name. You will not die before your time. You will not know the burial ground of any of your children. The kind of calamity that will cause people to mock your God shall never happen to you in Jesus name. You will stand the test of time and come out victorious in Jesus mighty name. You will win this battle in Jesus name. Shalom.
Pastor Olutimehin Isaac is a pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church of God.
For prayers and counselling, please call or watts app 08033916074.
You can also connect me on facebook @ Isaac Olutimehin.
Or email me: email@example.com
God bless you.