…lawmaker ask Uzodinma to unite Imo APC
The Imo state house of Assembly has elected a new speaker; Rt.Hon. Paul Emeziem of Onuimo state constituency following the impeached of Chiji Collins (the Former speaker).
The said impeachment is unconnected with the recent outburst of salient crises with the Imo APC notably:
- Financial recklessness and gross misconduct as alleged by APC lawmakers
- the emergence of Sen. Araraume Godwin Ifeanyi as APC candidate for the Imo North Senatorial Election and traces that the impeached speaker was already in support of Araraume against the State Governor’s wish of Frank Ibezim.
- a confidential document of the state assembly (which has to do with the suspension of the elected LGA council official of 2018) allegedly given to one of the vice chairmen of the LGAs in Owerri zone as a legal tool to back their return back moves to office November 30, 2020.
- the emergence of Daniel Nwafor as the substantive Chairman of Imo APC as ruled by the court against the Governor’s choice of Marcellenus Nlemeigbo, having a report that the former speaker had planned to join Nwafor for campaigns in support of Sen.Araraume in Okigwe zone of Imo state as meetings are said to have held twice.
- the readiness of more lawmakers of APC to defect to PDP and APGA if Chiji Collins remains speaker as most lawmakers have accused him of being a mere rubber stamp of the governor on legislative matters and a writing pen to Sen. Araraume on political matters.
As at the time of filing this report, the Governor of Imo state is yet to receive the new speaker of the state assembly.
Speaking to the impeached speaker on phone, he told our correspondent that if nothing is done, Imo state may be swallowed by rascals and Ben Johnson-like characters.
A lawmaker from Orlu zone (name withheld) while addressing newsmen at the state assembly premises said it is time for the Governor to get down from his high horse and ensure unity in the party and stop excuses.