1 Kings 17:12-13 KJV.
“And she said, As the Lord thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die”.
 “And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son”.
☆☆☆ This woman of Zarephath, to whom Elijah was sent, was gatherings sticks to prepare her last meal.
☆☆☆ Her thought was to eat her last meal and prepare to die.
☆☆☆ However, God saw in this same woman a “sustainer”:
"Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee" - 1 Kings 17:9.
☆☆☆ What converted this woman’s expectation of death to life was her ‘Giving’.
☆☆☆ Beloved, hear this, eating prepares you for death while your giving offers life.
☆☆☆ What you give leads to life while what you eat, most times, produces death.
☆☆☆ Please note, if this woman had eaten that same meal she offered Elijah, she would have eaten and died.
☆☆☆ No wonder Elijah said to her: “go and do as thou has said”.
☆☆☆ Meaning, “that we may eat it, and die”.
☆☆☆ Thank God, Elijah quickly added: “but make me thereof a little cake first”.
☆☆☆ This woman obeyed, she gave and lived.
☆☆☆ Beloved, that which you give brings increase, no wonder the bible says:
"There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty" - Proverbs 11:24. "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again" - Luke 6:38.
☆☆☆ Most times, people get discouraged to give because of the time lag between “sowing and reaping”.
☆☆☆ You just have to sow in faith as if you are casting your bread upon the waters.
"Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days" - Ecclesiastes 11:1.
☆☆☆ When you eventually find that bread, “cast upon the waters”, it won’t be the same size anymore.
☆☆☆ The farmer who eats the seed meant for sowing should be prepared for famine when others are harvesting.
- Oh God my father, don’t allow me to mortgage my harvest in my sowing time.
- I receive abundant grace to give and live rather than to eat and die.
- In my giving, I reject the spirit of Cain in Jesus mighty name.
☆☆☆ Seed is for planting while fruits are meant to be eaten.
- My father, my father, give me the grace to differentiate between “seed” and “fruit” in Jesus name.
☆☆☆ The hands of givers are always on top while those of receivers are below.
- Father, turn me to a chronic and incurable giver in Jesus name.
- Father, please enlarge my coast through giving in Jesus name.
- The spirit of gluttony will not possess me at the gate of sowing in Jesus mighty name. PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS: I pray for somebody today, may you not eat that which is meant for giving that produces increase in Jesus name. May you not eat your seed as fruit in sowing time in Jesus name. May your giving terminate death out of your life in Jesus name. According to Proverbs 11:24, I prophesy, your giving shall terminate poverty out of your life in Jesus mighty name. May you give to increase and not to decrease in Jesus name. You will not eat and die but give to live in Jesus mighty name.
YOU ARE BLESSED.
Pastor Olutimehin Isaac is a pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church of God.
For prayers and counselling, please call or send me a watts app message on 08033916074.
You can also connect me on facebook @ Isaac Olutimehin.
My email address: email@example.com
☆☆☆ You can join any of my prayer groups on facebook:
- I DECREE, DECLARE AND PROPHESY.
- FRIENDS OF PST OLUTIMEHIN ISAAC.
- RETURN MY GLORY ( DA OGO MI PADA).
- HEAVEN SEEKERS. SHALOM.