Trump Suspends Iran Att∆ck, Cites Ongoing ‘Serious Negotiations’ On Nuclear Deal

 

 

Trump Suspends Iran Attack, Cites Ongoing ‘Serious Negotiations’ On Nuclear Deal

In a statement posted on his social media platform, Trump said the decision came after separate interventions by the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and the President of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

President Donald Trump on Tuesday announced that the United States had suspended a planned military strike on the Islamic Republic of Iran following appeals from key Middle East leaders, who assured him that serious negotiations were underway and that a diplomatic agreement could still be reached.

In a statement posted on his social media platform, Trump said the decision came after separate interventions by the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and the President of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

Trump disclosed that the military operation against Iran had been scheduled for “tomorrow” before it was halted.

“I have been asked by the Emir of Qatar, Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and the President of the United Arab Emirates, Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, to hold off on our planned Military attack of the Islamic Republic of Iran, which was scheduled for tomorrow,” Trump stated.

According to him, the leaders informed Washington that “serious negotiations are now taking place,” and expressed confidence that an agreement acceptable to both the United States and countries across the Middle East could soon emerge.

Trump noted that the proposed agreement would include a firm commitment preventing Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.

“This Deal will include, importantly, NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN!” he declared.

The US President further explained that, out of respect for the Gulf leaders whom he described as “Great Leaders and Allies,” he had instructed top American military officials to suspend the operation for the time being.

“Based on my respect for the above mentioned Leaders, I have instructed Secretary of War, Pete Hegseth, The Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Daniel Caine, and The United States Military, that we will NOT be doing the scheduled attack of Iran tomorrow,” Trump said.

Despite the suspension of the planned strike, Trump stressed that the United States military had been directed to remain on high alert in case negotiations collapsed or failed to produce what he termed an “acceptable Deal.”

He warned that American forces were prepared to launch “a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice,” if diplomatic efforts did not succeed.

The announcement comes amid heightened tensions between Washington and Tehran over Iran’s nuclear programme and growing security concerns across the Middle East. Trump’s latest remarks suggest a temporary shift toward diplomacy, even as the United States maintains military readiness in the region.

Earlier, Trump reiterated his hardline stance on Iran, insisting that the country must fully surrender and publicly acknowledge military defeat, while also launching a fresh attack on major United States media organisations, which he described as “Crazy” and “Fake News.”

In a post on his Truth Social handle on Monday, May 18, 2026, Trump outlined what he said would constitute Iran’s surrender, describing a scenario in which the country’s military capabilities are completely destroyed and its leadership formally concedes defeat to the United States.

He also accused prominent US media outlets of distorting narratives around global conflicts and suggested they would misrepresent any outcome involving Iran and the United States.

The latest development comes as Iran unveiled plans to introduce a new maritime passage mechanism in the Strait of Hormuz that would require ships to pay fees before crossing the strategic waterway.

According to Al Jazeera, senior Iranian politician Ebrahim Azizi, who heads Iran’s parliamentary committee on national security and foreign policy, disclosed that Tehran had already finalised arrangements for a regulated maritime passage system through the Strait of Hormuz.

Azizi stated that only commercial vessels and countries considered cooperative with Iran would be allowed to benefit from the arrangement, while Tehran would collect fees for what he described as “specialised services” provided under the proposed system.

 

 

 

CATEGORIES
Share This

COMMENTS

Wordpress (0)
Disqus ( )