Just In : UNICC Declares support for Hon Kaycee Madu.
This press release is to inform the public that, after careful analysis of the matter pertaining to the phone call Hon Kaycee Madu made to Lethbridge Police Chief, we the United Imo Community of Canada (UNICC), a not for profit and community advocacy group, hereby offer our unflinching support to The Honorable Minister for Justice, Alberta Province, Hon Kaycee Madu who was recently asked to step aside by the Premier pending outcome of the investigation.
Having examined the incident leading to him being unjustly ticketed in the first place, we hereby communicate as follows:
1. That Kaycee Madu was unjustly ticketed and targeted because of his race, the ticketing of Hon Kaycee Madu smells of profiling and witch-hunting.
2. That the police officer that issued the ticket should be investigated.
3. That Hon Kaycee Madu was fighting discrimination, injustice, and systemic racism, and racism is fighting back.
4. That Premier Jason Kenney should stand strong and not allow himself to be used against equity and justice.
5. That this hatchet political job was also meant to weaken the administration of Premier Jason Kenney.
6. That the investigation panel should allow justice to reign by not being biased. They should base their verdict on facts not on what the biased media is saying.
We, therefore, call on Albertans to always stand up against impunity, racism, and police/political intimidation.
Finally, they say that when you fight the evil monster called ‘racism’ it will definitely fight back harder. This is racism fighting back against one of Alberta’s finest public servants.
Sir Aham Nwosu (President)
Mr. Stanley Ukah (Secretary)
Mr. Ike Nwago (Public Relations Officer)